1. National Loan Scholarship Eligibility: 50% marks or above in the plus two examination in the first attempt. Income of parents/guardian from all sources should not exceed Rs. 6000 per annum. Students enjoying any other scholarship are not eligible. Application forms can be had from the office of the Director of Collegiate Education, Trivandrum.
2. Mahatma Gandhi University Merit Scholarship For the three year degree courses Rs. 900/- and for PG course Rs. 1200/- All scholarships are distributed to candidates on the basis of merit in their qualifiying examinations. Applications should be routed through the head of the institution/ department.
3. Govt. Of India National Scholarship (Merit) Eligibility: First class in the qualifying examination. Those who top the merit list within the quota allotted to the state will be eligible, subject to certain conditions. Those who have passed the qualifying examination in the year prior to the year of award will not be eligible. Students enjoying any other scholarship or stipend will not be considered for the award but they can enjoy fee concession.
4. Merit Scholarship for the Children of School Teachers Eligibility: Children of primary and secondary school teachers alone are eligible. Students enjoying any other scholarship will not be considered.
5. Govt. of India Scholarship to the physically handicapped students Eligibility: candidates should submit their applications in the prescribed from along with the required documents such as medical certificate, income certificate and certificate to prove age and educational qualification. Photograph is needed in the case of orthopaedically handicapped applicants only.
6. Govt of India Scholarships for Post Metric Students in Hindi from Non-Hindi Speaking States Eligibility: Only those candidates whose mother-language is not Hindi are eligible. The candidates should study Hindi as one of the subjects. The number of scholarships ;may vary from year to year. Candidates who have passed the previous qualifying examination in the first or second attempt with not less than 70% marks alone are eligible. Application forms can be had from the Director of Collegiate Education, Trivandrum.
7. State Scholarship Eligibility: 50% marks or above in the plus two or B.A., B.Sc. examination. Students who have passed the qualifying examination during the previous year can also apply. The student who receive this scholarship is not allowed to receive any other scholarship. The annual income of parents/guardians of the students of degree course should not exceed Rs. 3000/- respectively. Scholarship amount for degree course is Rs. 500/- per annum.
8. Educational Concession to the Forward and Backward Communities under Kumara Pillai Commission Report Eligibility: The annual income of the family of the students should be within the limit of Rs. 25000/- and Rs. 42000/- for degree and P.G. students respectively.Award: tuition fee and other fees including examination fees. 9. Educational Concessions for the Children and Grand Children of Political Sufferers The children of freedom fighters whose annual income does not exceed Rs.3600/- are eligible. In case of I.N.A. personnel, the certificate issued by the All India I.N. Relief and Enquiry Committee New Delhi, may be obtained and submitted with the application either in original or copy attested by the District Collector or Revenue Divisional Officer instead of the certificate mentioned in column. No. 9 of the application form.
10. Educational Concessions for the Children of Service Personnel who have been Killed or Disabled in Action on the Front Eligibility: Children and dependents of service personnel who have been killed or disabled in action on the front and dependents of disabled and now employed service personnel if the annual income of such service personnel does not exceed Rs. 3000/-. 11. Fee Concession for Children of Govt. Servants who Died in Harness Children of Kerala government servants who died in harness or died with in six months after retirement. The deceased parent should have atleast 5 years service under the State Govt. Death certificate from the head of the office in which the deceased parent worked should also be produced. The annual income of the parent/guardian should be below Rs. 3000/- excluding D.A. 12. Educational Concessions to other Backward Communities Under this scheme full fee concession shall be granted to students of degree course and fee concession, lumpsum grant and stipend for P.G. students by the District SC Welfare Officer. The income limit per annum for degree class is Rs. 25000/- and for P.G. Rs. 42000/-. The concession will be withheld in case of misconduct, irregularity in attendance or unsatisfactory progress in studies. Students who had enjoyed fee concession in any previous course which was not necessary to secure the minimum qualification for admission to the new course are not eligible. If the father or mother of the student is a government employee a salary certificate may be obtained. Guardianship of others can be accepted only if the parents are no more. If the father is no more, a death certificate is to be produced. Applications are to be submitted within two months from the date of admission.
13. Prof. M.P. Varghese Scholarship Prof. M.P. Varghese is one of the chief architects of the Mar Athanasius College Association who established the Mar Athanasius College of Arts and Science, the Mar Athanasius College of Engineering, Mar Athanasius International School, Mar Baselios College (Adimali) and Mar Baselios College of Teacher Education. Prof. M.P. Varghese was Professor and head of the P.G department of Economics from 1-6-1968 to 21-7-1972 and Principal of the college from 1-6-1963 to 21-7-1982. In order to cherish the service rendered by Prof M.P Varghese, the M.A College Association has instituted scholarships to be known as M.P.Varghese Scholarships. The Scholarships of Rs.400 each will be paid monthly to a student of the first year degree classes and to a student of the post-graduate classes. Those who are awarded scholarship in the first year will be eligible to get them till the end of their course provided their academic performance and conduct are satisfactory. 14. Prof. M.P. Varghese Ever Rolling Trophy Under the auspices of the M.P. Varghese Sapthathi Smaraka Committee, it has been decided to award Prof. M.P Varghese Ever Rolling trophy to 1. The best Arts Association 2.The best Arts Association Secretary 3. The best Science Association 4. The best Science Association Secretary.
15. Alumni Association Scholarship Alumni Association Scholarship is given to two students each from arts, science and commerce who is meritorious and economically backward . The scholarship is Rs. 400/- per month.
16. Alumni of Pre-Degree First Group (1977-'79) Alumni of Pre-Degree First Group (1977-79) gives a scholarship to seven students from Arts, Science and Commerce who are meritorious and economically backward. The scholarship is Rs. 400/- per month.
17. Alumni of B. Sc. Chemistry Batch (1977-'80) Alimni of B. Sc. Chemistry batch 1980 gives a scholership to a student of the B.Sc. Chemistry for three years who is meritorious and economically backward. The scholarship is Rs. 400/- per month.
18. Each One Teach One Scholarship The teaching and non teaching staff of this college has collected an amount of Rs. 4,50,000/- to the ‘Each One Teach One Scholarship’. Under this scheme, one student of each class who is meritorious and economically backward will be given Rs. 500/- per month.
19. Sports Scholarship a. Management The management offers a scholarship of Rs. 10,88,000/- to the outstanding students of volleyball team, football team and athletics. b. P.T.A. The P.T.A. also offers an amount of Rs. 1,00 000/- to the meritorious women students of the Physical Education department.
20. A.I.A.C.H.E. Scholarship The college nominates two students from Dalit Christian – tribal background and another two students from general Christian category. The annual income of the family of the applicant should be bellow Rs. 75,000/- . The scholarship is Rs. 1500/- annually to each student.
21. Golden Jubilee Scholarship of Mathematics Department Under this scheme Rs. 27,000/- is to be distributed among the meritorious students of the department.
22. Golden Jubilee Scholarship of Zoology Department Rs. 25,000/- is decided to be given to the outstanding candidates of the department.
23. Golden Jubilee scholarship of Economics Department This scholarship has a fund of Rs. 22,450/- to be offered to the deserving students of the department.
Other Scholarships Scholarships Instituted by the Central/ State Government: 1) Post-matric Scholarship for Students Belonging to the Minority Communities